The elementary program has a four-way emphasis based upon our Mission Statement and Luke 2:52: “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and in favor with man.”
To facilitate this approach, certified teachers are chosen with the mindset that they serve as the ‘living curriculum’. Resources and textbooks are selected with careful consideration and research.
The four-way emphasis includes:
- Spiritual Emphasis
- Our spiritual emphasis is foundational to Northlake Christian School.
- Academic Emphasis
- NCS is both traditional in that we stress reading, writing and arithmetic, and progressive in that we put in place current methods, which support true educational value.
- Social Emphasis
- Northlake is concerned with the child learning to take his/her place in society, as well as learning to develop wholesome relationships with his/her peers, teachers and other adults.
- Physical Development Emphasis
- Each student is encouraged to treat his/her body as the temple of God and to demonstrate proper care and conditioning.