The NCS Library print collection contains over 14,000 books and magazine subscriptions in elementary and secondary levels. The catalog can be searched from the library and on-line.
There are 27 computers with Internet access for student use. The networked computers provide students access to reference materials, including encyclopedia, dictionaries, atlases, almanacs, and periodical newspaper databases.
The mission of the Northlake Christian School Library / Media Center (LMC) is to reflect and support the educational philosophy and objectives of Northlake Christian School. Daily and weekly opportunities are provided for all students to develop a love of reading, viewing, listening and research for life-long intellectual growth and for pleasure.
The LMC integrates all available media to help implement the entire instructional program. It is a place of service as well as a storehouse of media. Primary goals of the LMC are to:
- Be a service facility for students and faculty to locate and access information
- Aid in planning and implementing totally integrated units of study
- Guide students to achieve effective research skills
- Stimulate interest in reading, viewing and using information and ideas
- Work with school staff to plan learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students
- Provide instruction in operating equipment needed to access information
Hours of Operation:
The NCS Library / Media Center is open from 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on regular school days. Students may use the Library after 3:30 p.m. by request.